Be A Summer Intensive Success Story. Throughout this 6-week virtual intensive, you’ll connect with like-minded dancers who are interested in building sustainable career habits.
Each week, you’ll dive into the stages of The Healthy Dancer® (outlined below). You’ll work alongside Rachel, utilizing exclusive resources and live Q+As. Additional workshops will be offered and hosted by dance medicine professionals in the fields of injury prevention, injury recovery, conditioning, mental health, auditioning, and more. Performance masterclasses are hosted weekly by guest artists from your favorite professional companies worldwide.
The Healthy Dancer Framework
- Ditch Dancer Diet Culture– Learn how to reject the diet mentality and follow a non-restrictive approach to fueling the body.
- Make Peace With Food– Remove the morality around your food choices to cultivate a positive emotional experience at mealtimes.
- Utilize Nutrition Without Obsession– Dive into the fundamentals of gentle nutrition and how to apply this knowledge in a way that supports both your physical health and mental well-being.
- Performance Optimization– Dive into nutrition-specific topics like proactive fueling for pre-and post-performance and nutrition for injury prevention and injury recovery.
- Build Body Confidence– Dismantle unrealistic body ideals by learning how to respect & appreciate the vast capacities that your body is capable of, especially in relation to dance.
- Create Sustainable Habits- Learn how to continue the work of building competence in your relationships with both food and body throughout the upcoming year.
This Program Is For You If…
✓ You’re looking to elevate your summer intensive training.
✓ You want to build sustainable eating habits.
✓ You are ready to respect and nourish your body.
✓ You are looking to energize your performance.
✓ You are ready to finally enjoy your favorite foods without guilt.
✓ You want to stop the obsessive thinking about food.
✓ You like the idea of working with other dancers to collectively build sustainable habits.
This Program Is NOT For You If…
✗ You’re wanting unsustainable solutions that lead to burnout.
✗ You are not looking to make lifelong transformations in your food choices or body image.
✗ You are not willing to put down the calorie counter.
✗ You have recently been diagnosed with an eating disorder and are not consecutively working with a licensed medical professional. Please contact Rachel for more support.
What’s The Timeline?
Once you register, you’ll receive your welcome packet and a preliminary schedule. The program begins on July 5th and ends on August 14th.
How Does it work?
Upon registration, you will receive a welcome packet with your workshop and masterclass schedule. Starting in July, you will receive weekly emails that contain all necessary resources for each week’s classes. Upon registration, you will also have access to 24/7 email support and a complimentary copy of The Healthy Dancer® Survival Guide: Summer Intensive Edition, which will help you prepare for any other intensives you attend.
Who is it for?
Dancers of all ages, all backgrounds, and all levels who are interested in building sustainable habits that support a lifelong dance career. Whether you’re currently enrolled in a Summer Intensive or not, The Healthy Dancer® is a virtual supplemental program that is designed to elevate your training and optimize your well-being.
How much does it cost?
The entire 6-week program is $425.00. Early-bird registration opens in April at a discounted rate of $300.00. Yup, I know… this is probably the least expensive summer intensive out there!
What’s Your Refund Policy?
Refunds are handled on a case-by-case basis. I want you to be happy, and therefore, if you feel that this program is not for you, refunds are possible. But you’ll have to request your refund within the first 3 days of us working together.
My summer dance schedule is packed! How will I have time for this?
Due to the busy nature of most intensives, much of The Healthy Dancer® Summer Intensive is completed on your own time. But a flexible approach allows you to utilize this program as the perfect supplement to your summer. Weekly workbooks offer activities to help unwind from a busy dance day. Live workshops are held weekly during evening hours (sip your favorite tea and tune in from the comfort of your bedroom!). Masterclasses are held on weekends. In the event that you are unable to attend a live workshop or masterclass, no worries! Later access will be provided via recordings.
I’m ready to register, but I have more questions…
Send me a message! I’m here to help.