Hey, dancer. Imagine this: Start the New Year with self-trust and the ability to embrace food freedom with clarity and confidence.
An extension of The Healthy Dancer® Summer Intensive, this 4-week virtual program will connect you with like-minded dancers who are interested in dismantling dancer diet culture. Together, we’ll work through the first two fundamentals of becoming The Healthy Dancer®: ditch dancer diet culture and making peace with food.
Learn how to eat what you want, when you want, and without the noise and chatter of a culture that leaves you feeling guilty and burnt out. The focus is on setting boundaries and challenging unrealistic ideals. You’ll work alongside Rachel, utilizing exclusive resources, recorded sessions, and live workshops.
The Healthy Dancer® Winter Intensive is a 4-week virtual intensive that dives into the first two core values of The Healthy Dancer® framework: Ditch Dancer Diet Culture and Make Peace with Food. Together, we’ll dismantle diet culture, learn how to build (and honor) boundaries, and cultivate sustainable habits both in your everyday life and in the studio. Work alongside your dance peers to:
- Discover Your Intent
- Rebuild Body Trust
- Formulate Sustainable Resolutions
- Redefine Your “Healthy”
The Healthy Dancer Framework
- Ditch Dancer Diet Culture– Learn how to reject the diet mentality and follow a non-restrictive approach to fueling the body.
- Make Peace With Food– Remove the morality around your food choices to cultivate a positive emotional experience at mealtimes.
- Utilize Nutrition Without Obsession– Dive into the fundamentals of gentle nutrition and how to apply this knowledge in a way that supports both your physical health and mental well-being.
- Performance Optimization– Dive into nutrition-specific topics like proactive fueling for pre-and post-performance and nutrition for injury prevention and injury recovery.
- Build Body Confidence– Dismantle unrealistic body ideals by learning how to respect & appreciate the vast capacities that your body is capable of, especially in relation to dance.
- Create Sustainable Habits- Learn how to continue the work of building competence in your relationships with both food and body throughout the upcoming year.
Why The Healthy Dancer?
Dancers are vulnerable to perfectionism, disordered eating, eating disorders, and burnout. It’s critical that dancers, dance educators, and dance parents cultivate an environment that supports sustainable habits around food and body image.
There is, however, an abundance of misinformation surrounding both topics in the dance world. Seeking support from sound sources is recommended. As a part of a multi-disciplinary approach, dancers can seek support from credentialed Registered Dietitian Nutritionists (RDs or RDNs) or Licensed Dietitian Nutritionists (LDs or LDNs).
Here’s What You Get:
- Step-by-step guidance through weekly workbooks.
- Weekly group coaching led by Rachel with opportunity to ask specific questions about your journey and get expert advice.
- Access to a copy of The Healthy Dancer® Survival Guide: Winter Workshop & Nutcracker Edition with fun recipes, groccery lists, and more.
- Member-only weekly emails filled with resources and exclusive advice.
- Recordings of all live workshops for later viewing.
- Admittance into the TTP Ambassador Program for continued support throughout the year.
- A community with fellow dance peers who, just like you, want to build sustainable habits around food and body.
What are dancers are saying?
Winter Intensive for Dancers
Sounds great, but I have more questions…
Send me a message! I’m here to help.