An extension of The Healthy Dancer® Summer Intensive, this 4-week virtual program will connect you with like-minded dancers who are interested in dismantling dancer diet culture. Together, we’ll work through the first two fundamentals of becoming The Healthy Dancer®: ditching dancer diet culture and making peace with food. The focus is on setting boundaries and challenging unrealistic ideals. You’ll work alongside Rachel, utilizing exclusive resources, recorded sessions, and live workshops.
The Healthy Dancer Framework
- Ditch Dancer Diet Culture– Learn how to reject the diet mentality and follow a non-restrictive approach to fueling the body.
- Make Peace With Food– Remove the morality around your food choices to cultivate a positive emotional experience at mealtimes.
- Utilize Nutrition Without Obsession– Dive into the fundamentals of gentle nutrition and how to apply this knowledge in a way that supports both your physical health and mental well-being.
- Performance Optimization– Dive into nutrition-specific topics like proactive fueling for pre-and post-performance and nutrition for injury prevention and injury recovery.
- Build Body Confidence– Dismantle unrealistic body ideals by learning how to respect & appreciate the vast capacities that your body is capable of, especially in relation to dance.
- Create Sustainable Habits- Learn how to continue the work of building competence in your relationships with both food and body throughout the upcoming year.
Because of the vulnerable nature of dancers to perfectionism, disordered eating, and eating disorders, it’s critical that dancers, dance educators, and dance parents rely on sound sources for nutrition-, weight- and lifestyle-related education. Seeking support from a credentialed Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RD or RDN) or Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist (LD or LDN) is recommended. Together, we’ll dismantle dancer diet culture to build boundaries and cultivate sustainable habits both in your everyday life and in the studio.
Hear what dancers are saying
Registration begins October 2021.
Sounds great, but I have more questions…
Send me a message! I’m here to help.