Nutrition workshops can be provided to dancers in group settings, usually at studios or within dance companies. Nurturing The Healthy Dancer® is a customizable nutrition workshop designed by Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and dancer Rachel Fine of To The Pointe Nutrition. A snapshot of topics covered in this dance nutrition workshop include:
- The risks of disordered eating among dancers.
- The importance of balance among the macronutrients.
- The key elements of building sustainable habits around meals and snacks.
- Boosting body image and body confidence.
- The role of nutrition in injury prevention.
- The role of nutrition in injury recovery.
- Meal planning and the role of pre-performance nutrition principles.
Since 2013, Rachel has brought her expertise to studios and companies worldwide. Dance educators should consider Nurturing The Healthy Dancer® as a sound option to build their dancers’ knowledge of food and nutrition. Click here to learn more about the benefits of nutrition workshops for dancers and how to determine the right time for a workshop for your dancers.